Friday, November 8, 2013

Post Service

In my time at Rock Island High School, I noticed that all of the students from different countries acted just as a classroom full of American students would act. There were rowdy students who would not stay in their seats or be quiet, and there were quiet ones that were serious about their work and wanted to obey the teacher. No matter where the student was from, they still showed similar characteristics to each other and American students. I also saw that most of the time, the students portrayed some of the same communication techniques as American culture. Across all cultures, similar communication techniques are used to display emotion or display how something should be interpreted. In the future, I will know not to judge someone from another culture quite as quickly and think about how their values or ideas about behavior may be different from my own. As should everyone else. People should not be so quick to judge those of different cultures and automatically label them as weird just because they have different values and beliefs and may behave differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment