Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Pre-service to Rock Island High School
From this service project of going to Rock Island High School to tutor kids, I hope to learn about the people of different parts of the world and how hard or easy it is for them to become familiar with American culture. I also hope for myself to become more cultural. I assume that this school I will be tutoring at is going to be very diverse with all kinds of cultures and the school will be full of kids. I also assumed that the kids would not be dressed the nicest because it is not in the best part of town. I already know that the kids have been tutor by other students before and they will have some idea of what they need to do. The teachers at the school will be helpful if I have any questions about what to do or what something means. Also, the students that I will be helping will not have the most knowledge of school in subjects like math, science, and English. They also do not have a lot of money so they may not have as nice of clothes or materials for school. I honestly do not have any connections with these kids other than the French language. Because some of them are from parts of Africa that speak French, I have one thing that I can connect with them on. Other than that one thing, there is nothing that would cause me to do this project on my own. I hope that with this experience I will learn a lot and possibly go back after this project is over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment